Wow! Thanks so much Savindi, for my first ever blog award nomination! 🙂
I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award, the rules being that I have to:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog
- Tell 7 Facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to. (umm… please ignore this for my one, as I definitely am not going to be able to make 15, 4 seems to be my limit)
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
So, here goes!
- I refused to read Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone at first, because I thought that reading chapter books was too hard *faceplants*. However, in my defence, English is my second language, and also, at school, the books you take home in your book bag are always about 20 pages long, with huge text. It was a logical conclusion at the time!
- I hate romance novels, and don’t read them at all, but will happily read fanfiction (and laugh at it) provided it’s of good quality.
- I started reading classics like Jane Eyre etcetera in Year 7, but quickly realised that I didn’t like them… instead, I am drawn to classics like Sherlock Holmes and Around The World in 80 Days. The conclusion is: don’t believe your teachers when they tell you that it’s a good book and that you will definitely study it in high school – it’s not true!
- When I created this blog, it wasn’t meant to garner attention – this wasn’t originally a blog for followers, but for an English assessment. Therefore, when I started blogging and getting responses, I was very surprised and pleased. Thank you!
- I haven’t seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on DVD yet – I will do so on July 14th midnight, to commemorate the premiere I went to – the first one for me, and the last Harry Potter one.
- My family still has a VCR, and most of our movies are video cassettes.
- I like reading books and watching movies (obvious, I know). Two movies I’m really looking forward to are The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit.
I do like other things apart from Harry Potter (fact 8). Just thought I ought to mention that.
This is where Sophie (a friend of mine) posts her original poetry and sometimes short pieces of writing. She’s also got a tumblr, which has newer stuff on it.
This is a blog in which Jess responds to each chapter of the Harry Potter septology and to the movies as she reads/watches them in succession. Some of her subsequent prediction are absolutely hilarious, and her posts usually contain at least one thing to get you thinking. Unfortunately, she hasn’t updated in a while… ever since Christmas 😦
This is a blog I found about 2 seconds ago, and as it’s very new, like mine, and I like the few posts that Thea has written so far, I’ve decided that I will follow it and see where it goes.
Another blog I just found – this one sounds extremely interesting, and is filled with Harry Potter analysis, artwork and Pottermore discussions.
So, that seems to be the extent of my blog-reading. But, there is this very cool site – 50 Best Blogs for the Ultimate Harry Potter Head, which was made in 2010, which has a lot of prestigious Harry Potter sites.
Once again, thanks to Savindi for the nomination!